Check Additional Covers For Car Insurance
While Third-Party Insurance is mandatory in Dubai, you can choose to go for additional features and insurance cover that car insurance companies have on offer. The add-ons you choose eventually determine the final insurance price. Here’s a comprehensive list for your help.
- - Agency repair. This add-on offers the choice to extend agency repair coverage for as much as five years.
- - Personal accident cover. As the name suggests, this kind of cover offers financial compensation, if the driver or passenger sustains injuries or dies in an accident. You can get AED 200,000 per person with this cover.
- - Emergency medical expenses. This cover offers medical expenses, if any, required by the driver or other passengers of the car within 24 hours of an accident. There’s a limit to the same though.
- - Off-road cover. This add-on covers damage to the vehicle while being off-road. If you are someone who likes to take long drives, this is something worth considering.
- - Roadside assistance. When it comes to on-road assistance, this cover comes handy, for towing the vehicle, replacement of parts and jump starts.
- - Personal belongings cover. In case you end up losing personal belongings or damage occurs while being in the vehicle in concern, this cover makes up for the loss to a specific extent.
- - GCC cover. If you are traveling to Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, this cover will help in dealing with losses, subject to terms and conditions.
- - Oman extension. Some insurance companies offer territorial coverage to Oman but do check the terms and conditions.
- - New car replacement. This is a fantastic add-on that covers total loss of a new vehicle that’s less than 6 months old.
- - Natural calamities cover. This add-on covers damage to the vehicle caused by natural calamities, such as flood, earthquake and storm.
- - Fire & theft cover. If the vehicle is damaged owing to fire or theft, this add-on will cover for the losses.
- - Windscreen cover. This add-on covers damage to the windscreen and pays for replacement or damage, as the need may be.
- - Dent repair. If you pay for this add-on, you get cover for paint-less dent removal, which might seem handy for regular needs.
- - Replacement of locks. If your car keys are stolen, this cover will help in covering the cost of getting new locks.
You can check with insurance companies to know more on these add-ons. It is best to go for a comprehensive cover that offers the maximum protection for your vehicle.