10 Dos and Don’ts of Buying Car Insurance in Dubai!
Most car owners have doubts when it comes to buying, comparing and renewing car insurance. In this post, we decided to decode a few dos and don’ts that may come handy and make it easier to choose an option.
Collection of personal information
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, fill any online forms on the Website. When required this information may include your email address, name, phone number, or other Personal Information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Website's features.
- 1. Don’t settle for the cheapest premium. Your focus should be on getting the best coverage that you can afford, so make sure to avoid the cheap quotes in the first place.
- 2. Be honest with the insurer. It is important that you are honest with the insurer as far as sharing information is concerned. In the alternate situations, claims may not be honoured, and the premiums will be revised. Understand what the insurance company wants to know and take a call accordingly.
- 3. While you might be interested in third party liability cove, make sure that you check the choice of comprehensive policies, which can be better in some cases. The idea is to weigh both the options.
- 4. Ask for the add-ons in detail. For example, does the insurer have scope for towing and off-road assistance? Also, you may want to check if there are any limits as far as territories are concerned.
- 5. Buying an old car? Check what’s included in the insurance and what you are covered for. Sometimes, the insurance policy may not be transferable, and therefore, you will have to get things sorted before getting the car.
- 6. Do not under-insure the car. You need to get the policy that’s essential to protect your car, beyond third-party insurance. With that said, you should also avoid over-insuring the vehicle, because it often ends in dispute and will delay the claim when you need the most.
- 7. If you are buying a car insurance policy with us, we need to get a few documents that are must for every insurer. These include - Copy of Emirates ID, UAE Driving License, No claims Certificate if applicable, and Registration Card.
- 8. Don’t give a break before renewing insurance. Always get the insurance done in time.
- 9. Always check the terms and conditions of your insurance policy in detail when you get the documents. If you have any confusion, contact the insurer and get help.
- 10. Save the policy number, number for roadside assistance and claims related to your insurance provider on your phone. You can write things down on a paper and save the same in the car, as well.
To compare the best insurance options, check compare4benefit.com now!.